Sunday 30 September 2012

009: false lash tutorial

I've been slowly getting more obsessed with false lashes lately. I guess it's because I keep looking at gyaru fashion these days and a lot of their makeup looks use false lashes for the dolly eyed effect~ False lashes and circle lenses~ (^▽^)

A friend of mine sometime ago mentioned something about applying lashes, but felt she needed more instruction than "glue them on your face". So, here's my attempt at tutorial of what I know and my process for her benefit, others, and even mine. Layouts are weird. I need the practice. (¬ะด¬。)

Tutorial time~ I used the elf natural lash for this tutorial.

  1. After applying eyeshadow, prep your lash line by lining with eyeliner. This will help the lash band of your false lashes blend in. Use either liquid or pencil eyeliner. I prefer using liquid liner, so that's what I used~
  2. Line your inner upper lash line for a fuller look and help better hide the lash band.
  3. Curl your lashes. This will help blend your natural lashes to the false lashes.
  4.   Squeeze some glue out on the back of your hand, palette, or other flat surface.
  5. Using a brush or toothpick, apply some of the glue to the lash band of your false lashes. I use this method in order to deliver a very uniform and controlled amount of glue. You can also swipe the lash band through the dollop of glue if you don't have either brush or toothpick handy. Wait about 15-30 seconds for the glue to become tacky.
  6. Place false lash to rest on natural lash as close to lash line as possible, lining lash to fit the inner corner and outer corner of eye . Use fingers and or the back of brush to gently ease and pat the false lash in place. I like to line up my lashes from outer corner to inner corner. Repeat 5 & 6 for the other eye~
  7. Once you feel like the lashes are properly placed and won't fall off, apply mascara. Applying mascara will help the natural lashes blend better with the false lashes. You don't need a lot as your eyes are probably already dramatic thanks to the lashes, just enough so that they blend in. Or layer those suckers up with loads of mascara to really bring out them sexy eyes. Do what ever you want, doods~

Take your time and have patience when applying false lashes. You'll most probably need to practice putting them on first in order to get the hang of it. Figure out what method might work best for you. Also, try applying half or demi lashes if you just can't get the hang of full lashes~ They're shorter than full lashes and I find them much easier to work with~

I feel like this was a lot of words and information and bad pictures. Hopefully, this will be of help for those of you wanting to start wearing false lashes.

Peace out, yo~  (●‿●)/

No comments:

Post a Comment