Monday 12 November 2012

019: current skincare routine

For mostly my own benefit, I've decided that I'll post up my skincare routine. I've been having slight breakouts lately. Nothing too major, just a small zit here or there.

My main skin concerns are acne scarring and light eczema. I'm still young, so I don't worry about wrinkles. I do have combination skin which is sensitive to allergies. I take special care so my skin doesn't get dry and inflamed due from the eczema, especially when I get sick.

My usual skin care routine is very simple, however, the products tend to change. This is my skincare care routine with my current facial products.


















For mornings, I wash my face with St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser using warm water. I rinse my face again with cold water, then follow up by moisturizing with Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. The Aveeno lotion is a daily body lotion that my family has been using for years~ I double it as a face lotion because I find it's very bland and does not irritate my face unlike some facial moisturizers. My brothers also suffer from sensitive skin and use Aveeno, so my household keeps it well stocked.

For evenings, I add little more than my morning routine. I currently remove my make up with L'Oreal Gentle Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. I plan to talk more about it in an upcoming post about makeup removers :) Once I remove as much of my makeup and eye make as possible, I wash my face with warm using the same cleanser that I use in the morning. I follow that up by using St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub. I rinse again with cold water and moisturize again with Aveeno Lotion.
On the occasions that my skin gets irritated or I suffer from an eczema flare up, I drink plenty more water than I usually drink. I skip the scrub in the night if my eczema is particularly bad. I also apply extra virgin coconut oil or a topical cream prescribed by my doctors to any of the irritated, dry flaky patches at night.

That's basically my skincare routine~ If you suffer from eczema, I hope knowing what I do to treat mine might help you with yours. :)

Later days~

No comments:

Post a Comment